I'm Mary Spremulli, MA,CCC-SLP, a medical speech-language pathologist. I have practiced for over 30 years and currently provide evaluation and treatment of speech, voice and swallowing problems through my private practice, with locations in Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda, Florida, and also online through virtual coaching.
In 1999, I created Voice Aerobics®, a whole-body voice strengthening program designed to serve as an after therapy program for persons with voice changes due to Parkinson's disease.
In 2008, Voice Aerobics, LLC was established in order to distribute the Voice Aerobics DVD®, a recorded version of the class. The Voice Aerobics family of products has grown to include affordable programs and products that are designed to be used on your own at home or anywhere you go. And most importantly, the programs are designed to be fun!
Throughout my career, I have had the opportunity to provide education on health related topics throughout the United States and in Puerto Rico, and provide educational seminars with Cross Country Education and Passy-Muir Inc.
An Ohio native, and graduate of Cleveland State University, I relocated to Florida in 1989. Over the course of my career, I developed an interest in working with individuals with changes in voice, speech or swallowing as a result of Parkinson's, stroke, and other neurological disorders.
- Member, American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Member, American Telemedicine Association (ATA)
- Member, Education Committee, World Parkinson's Education Program. WPP provides educational brochures in more than12 languages serving diverse communities around the world. As a contributor to their newsletter, I provide information related to communication and swallowing, distributed to a global audience of over 15,000 readers
- Member, Medical Advisory Board, Neurochallenge Foundation, Sarasota, Florida
Voice Aerobics® originally came about as an "after therapy" program for individuals who had completed speech therapy. A weekly class, began to attract a variety of individuals, who liked the idea of combining vocal function exercises with a general workout. The Voice Aerobics® DVD and audio CD's are guided programs which provide individuals with an opportunity to complete voice practice on their own, and help them maintain improvements they may have already achieved through formal therapy programs.
As a therapist, I have learned that I can offer my patients:
- Knowledge about your illness or disease
- A meaningful and relevant treatment program
- Tools that allow you to continue to practice on your own
To enlist individuals in their treatment, and help them express their personality & spirit through voice. To educate and empower.
Mary Spremulli, MA, CCC-SLP